We're excited to invite you to UbuCon Asia this year in Surakarta, Indonesia! Which is also a joint event with LibreOffice Conf Asia!
Please note that, this website is only for submitting proposal for UbuCon Asia, for LibreOffice Conf Asia, please visit https://louca.id for details.
If you need any help with preparing your proposal, or unsure about the topic, please feel free to contact us or ask questions on chat!
- Telegram: https://t.me/UbuConAsia
- Matrix: https://matrix.to/#/#ubucon-asia:matrix.org
- IRC: #ubucon-asia on libera.chat
- Email: Content team - firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyrights of your session recording and materials
Each session will be recorded into videos, edited and published with CC BY 4.0 online. Your session materials such as slides will be also published on our websit under same license. Make sure to not include any copyrighted content that conflicts with CC BY 4.0 or paid contents.
If you want other license or can’t record your session or share your materials, Please let ue know when submitting your proposal.
- Please note that this is an Ubuntu event. Ubuntu related topics will get much higher priority. Please suggest a topic that is at least slightly related to Ubuntu and the technologies related with Ubuntu ecosystem or Ubuntu community.
- Please be specific! Topics such as “What is Ubuntu?”, “What is Security”, “What is Social Engineering” is too much broad! In most cases, these kinds of topics can be rejected.
- Generic topics such as “Incident Management”, “Managing your stress”, “Create your personal strategic plan”, “Team Dynamics & Communication Skills” might be suitable for public lectures, But usually not suitable for our event. If you relate generic topics with Ubuntu projects or community, that might be suitable for our event. For example, just talking about Tax and Tax accounting is not suitable for our event, But what about talking your experience on managing accounting and tax for UbuCon or other Ubuntu community activities? That would be interesting topic for other Ubuntu folks!
- Please refrain suggesting proposal for just simply delivering information, especially proposals that reveal the intent of the advertisement.
- Many audiences attend for the presenter’s own experience or hard-to-find information, rather than information that can be easily found by searching online.
- Your unique experiences and cases, case studies of using Ubuntu or related open sources in your company, and contents related to Ubuntu or related open sources helpful for audiences are welcomed.
- If you want to find references, You may have a look at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Ubucon for sessions at previous UbuCons.
Regarding travel grants for speakers
In case you can't afford your own budget to join us in-person or difficult to bring travel grant via other programs, The committee provides full or partial travel grants for selected speakers.
If you need travel grant from us, Make sure to submit application for grant after submitting your proposal. Please note that, Even we always try our best to raise our fund through sponsorship, donations from individuals, ticket fee, but our budget and funds are always limited. So, it would be difficult to gurantee that we can provide grant to every applicants.
In case we can't provide you grant, We also recommend you to look for other ways to bring budget for your travel. If you're an official Ubuntu Member, please apply for Ubuntu Donations Funding rather then the travel grants provided by the committee.