This talk will encompass what I learned as a community manager in the past 8 years, focusing on lessons learned on the field while nurturing and making several communities grow.
- Why every project should have a community (advantages\disadvantages)
- How to bootstrap a community
- How the community evolves and how to stay in sync with it
- How to protect the community from toxic dynamics, especially managing anger and conflic in pandemic times
- How to handle conflict to make it constructive and not distructive
- How to tailor a community to include several kind of participants (developers, contributors, users, stakeholders)
- How to co-design products and services together with the community and how to involve the right stakeholder in the process.
Session author bios
Michelangelo Guarise is an entrepeneur, FOSS enthusiast, maker, professor and avid technologist. He founded Volumio, one of the most popular Open Source based Music Players, to improve the way people listen to Music, thanks to its vibrant community.
|Level of Difficulty||Beginner|