The talk would focus on my journey as an ubuntu-community contributor on the idea of introducing customization/personalization options (accent-colors, desktop-icons and ubuntu-dock) into ubuntu-desktop's settings app for the latest ubuntu LTS release (ubuntu 22.04).
key-points for the talk would be:
- giving a brief overview of the contributions.
- how it all began?
- what was the process?
- who all were involved in making this possible on 22.04?
- how did the desktop and design collaborate on this idea?
- what have I learnt from this experience?
- Lastly, will be describing the amazing interactions, I had with ubuntu-yaru-community, ubuntu-desktop and ubuntu-design teams for helping me contribute to the idea of accent-colors
Session author bios
Open-source contributor and ubuntu's yaru member
|Level of Difficulty||Beginner|