The creative commons band Lorenzo's Music has created a way to collaborate and record music with each other remotely.
The method actually uses full multi-track DAW to share recording sessions to write and produce music.
We will show how musicians can record, edit and produce songs accomplished only by using Ubuntu Studio and GitHub.
The workshop would cover:
- Why it only works with Ubuntu Studio
- Using Ubuntu studio natively or as a bootable USB to record music
- Ardour, plugins, and soundcards for recording
- Setting up GitHub music repositories for the band to use
- Working with Git LFS for wav files
- Creating Git branches for song recordings
- Making a song Wiki for recording notes
We will show examples of different recordings we have done using this method and how we were able to record songs using this method during the global shutdown.
Session author bios
Lorenzo's Music is an experimental creative commons band that uses only open-source tools and software to produce music, videos, and more.
|Level of Difficulty||Intermediate|