A quick overview of the Ubuntu Kernel team inner workings and the kernels we build and support.
- Next development / experimental kernels
- Mainline PPA
- Current non-lts kernel development
- Long Term Supported kernels, Hardware-Enablement kernels
- Edge kernels, Kernel release Cycle, Security Updates
- Cloud, OEM / Vendor, FIPS specific kernels
- ARM, Power, Z, RISC-V, Ubuntu Core kernels
- Extended Security Maintenance kernels
- Livepatch Service
A rough guide to picking the best kernel to run.
Any other questions about Ubuntu Kernel.
Session author bios
Dimitri is a staff engineer on the Canonical Kernel team, Ubuntu Core Developer, Debian Developer, upstream committer for upstart, systemd, and has many regular contributions to the Linux Kernel.
|Level of Difficulty||Advanced|